W21C Innovation Academy:
Where the best healthcare innovations compete for a chance to participate on a global stage
October 30, 2019, MacEwan Ballroom, University of Calgary
Since 2012, W21C has partnered with organizations locally, nationally, and internationally to establish an innovation platform through a series of events focused on bringing transformative ideas into healthcare – the W21C Innovation Academy and the Global Healthcare Innovation Academy (GHIA).
What makes the W21C Innovation Academy unique?
- This fast-paced scientific and business pitch competition encourages entrepreneurship and commercialization in health care (for both social and biomedical innovations)
- With partner sites in Switzerland, Hong Kong, England, and Toronto, each site will host an independent Innovation Academy throughout 2019, where the winners from each of these events will move on to compete against each other at the next Global Healthcare Innovation Academy hosted by St. Michael’s Hospital, June 22-23, 2020, in Toronto, Canada.
- Through this innovation platform, we hope to encourage disruption and accelerate the process of change within our health systems, by showcasing social and biomedical initiatives to bridge the gap between discovery, creation, and dissemination.
Why it Matters
- The innovations competing at this event have the potential to affect change in healthcare, not just in Alberta, but around the globe. Support of this event supports real health systems impact.
- Your brand will be recognized as an innovation leader supporting novel and creative strategies to stimulate health systems change.
- The W21C Innovation Academy is part of a global network of innovation events with partner sites in 4 countries.
- With options to exhibit or sponsor the event, your your brand will visible to a wide audience ranging from academics, clinicians, industry members, educators, policy makers and the public.